Iomega Announces High Performance yet Affordable Four-Drive NAS Appliance With Innovative Features for Small Businesses and Distributed Offices
Iomega, an EMC company, announced the next generation of its quad-drive desktop NAS appliance with the worldwide launch of the new Iomega® StorCenter™ ix4-200d. Based on industry-leading enterprise-class EMC® storage technologies, the affordable ix4-200d is the ideal NAS appliance for small businesses, distributed offices and home office networks that require advanced data storage and protection features without the need for a dedicated IT staff.
Up and running in a matter of four mouse clicks and a few minutes, the ix4-200d NAS appliance provides up to 8TB* of networked storage that easily integrates with existing infrastructure for expanded storage, file-sharing and backup of critical business data. The ix4-200d delivers advanced features such as:
- iSCSI block-level access for efficient storage utilization
- Device-to-device replication to network targets for business continuity and file recovery
- Multiple RAID configurations for the highest level of data protection
- Windows® Active Directory support
- Remote access and management
- IP security camera support
- A new front panel LCD and QuikTransfer button for easy one-touch copying of selected files
- And unique to this category of products VMware® certification for virtualization installations – all at a starting price of less than $700.00.
Affordably priced for small businesses and home office use, the new Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d NAS appliance is now available to IT resellers worldwide via select distribution channels.