Though the main development of FreeNAS (8) has been taken over by iXsystems, there are still improving and updating the previous 0.7 series. This due to some “home user features” that are missing from the FreeNAS 8 series (torrent downloading, streaming media, small footprint etc).
The latest release is FreeNAS 0.7.2.8191. Some of the changes included are:
- Add DHX2 support. (AFP service)
- Fix broken build. (iSCSI initiator module)
- Improve ESXi5 compatibility. (iSCSI service)
- Fix broken library. (UPnP service)
- Add online version check. (Firmware)
- Update translation files.
- Default QueueDepth is 32. (iSCSI service)
- Add zdb utility. (ZFS debugger)
- Upgrade to FreeBSD 7.3-p7.
- Upgrade istgt to 20111008. (ESXi5, 10GbE ready iSCSI target)
- Upgrade mDNSResponder to 320.5.1. (Zeroconf/Bonjour)
- Upgrade netatalk to 2.2.1. (AFP, TimeMachine for OS X Lion)
- Increase image size.
- Ignore an error in firmware check function.
Download or upgrade FreeNAS 0.7 from SF: http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-7-Stable/0.7.2.8191/